Thursday, September 22, 2016

Why I make my own smoothies...

Why do you like making your own smoothies? I get this question a lot. I become very picky when it comes to smoothies. I use a certain type of milk, ingredients and I like to start with frozen fruits. My smoothie cannot have any other fruits but banana. And my smoothie will have to be a certain texture. Okay to help you understand this more, i'll start with the milk.

My smoothie cannot be made from whole milk, regular soy milk, almond milk or any type of milk that is not vanilla soy milk. Without my vanilla soy milk, I cannot drink the smoothie. It is not because of an allergic reaction or anything bad, it's just that I personally prefer vanilla soy milk. I also use a certain amount of the milk in my smoothie. For every banana I use, I put one full cup of vanilla soy milk. Like I said earlier, the texture of my smoothie will have to be perfect. It cannot be too thick or too watery. It has to be just right.

The next important ingredient is the sweetener. Some people think I am talking about white sugar when I say "sweetener". No, that's not what I mean. I do not want any white or brown sugar in my smoothie. My sweetener will have to be fresh raw honey. Yes, the honey will have to be raw. The honey will have to be measured as well. For every one cup of vanilla soy milk I use, I will have to put one tablespoon of raw honey in my smoothie.

I have two secret ingredients that I will like to share with everyone. This first one is very special and important to me. This ingredient is my one and only vanilla extract. I put three tablespoons of that in my smoothie. I use this ingredient because I love the smell of vanilla in my smoothie. Each time I take a sip of my smoothie, the rich smell of vanilla is so satisfying. Without my vanilla extract, a smoothie is not good enough or rich enough for me to drink.

My second secret ingredient will be... Well before I tell you guys, just be prepared to know that nobody has ever added this ingredient in a smoothie before so don't judge me okay. Also, stay calm and be prepared to find out what this ingredient is. Um, one more thing, my mother even thinks that I am crazy for always adding this ingredient to my smoothie. Are you ready to know what this ingredient is? I am pretty sure you are because I kept you waiting for so long. It is called french vanilla. Yes the coffee creamer, french vanilla. I feel a little embarrassed by this but trust me, french vanilla enhances the sweetness and richness of the smoothie. I always put two tablespoons of that in my smoothie. So, what do you think about that?

The last but not least of my ingredient is raw oatmeal. I'm pretty sure most people put raw oatmeal in their smoothies. The reason why I use raw oatmeal is because it is healthy and it gives me the right amount of fiber I need. I always put one-forth cup of raw oatmeal in my smoothies. These are the reasons why I make my own smoothies. Ever since I left my home to Penn State, I have not tried any smoothies because it's so hard for me to not have my ingredients in the smoothies.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joyce, I liked how you built the suspense before revealing your second secret ingredient. I also find it interesting you only like bananas in your smoothies. I've heard the smooties at Irvings are very good but I'm sure they don't use some of the unique ingredients that you do.

    ReplyDelete